Thursday, November 17, 2016

November 17, 2016

  Even with a late start yesterday, I still clocked in over 10k last night.  I have an overall total of 107,278.  I'm on track to get to 190k-ish.
  A couple days ago, I joined with a group of other overachievers.  By being in this group, I get to see their progress as well.  It stimulates my competitive streak, on an overall and a daily basis.  There's a few people at the top that I'll never reach, but I only set my sights on the three or four right ahead of me anyway.  It's an ever-changing chart because their word counts are changing as well.  It's actually helping me to stay focused on the word counts for the day as opposed to looking at getting through so many chapters, which can become tedious.
  I'm now about 90% of the way through Part 2.  I like where the book is going.  There's still a rough spot towards the end that needs some more sanding, but I think revising will take care of that.  To me, it's interesting and has good movement.  I hope that comes across.
  I can see the light at the end of the Part 2 tunnel.  It's exciting.  I think there's three or four new chapters/pull from part 3 (one total) that needs to happen.  Whether they stay or not, I'm not sure.  I'm just questioning if one event needs to happen at the end of this book or the beginning of the next.  Sometimes, the portion has to be written in order to find that out.
  I'm aiming for at least 10k today.  There's a sports meeting for one of the kids I have to go to.  Other than that, my agenda's clear.
  Well, I need to get the dog to the dog park and then get to work.  I hope you have a good day.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment