Tuesday, November 22, 2016

November 22, 2016

    Okay, I'm solidly into Part 3.  I know why it feels thin.  I pulled enough stuff into Part 2 when I made that major move, that all that's left is the structure of a couple storylines.  And those lines aren't in the same place they are in Part 2 anymore, since I built them up in other ways after the move.
     So, what are my options?  I have to get more in there.  Whatever I built up in Part 2, I need to add to Part 3.  It's the side stories that are missing; the side stories that support--or flesh out--the main skeleton.
     The idea that came to me last night is to work on individual story lines to see what's still there.  I did that a little bit during the day yesterday, just for something to write.  I know there's at least 2400 words that WILL NOT go into the book.  But it fills in some stuff that I knew was there but didn't have details.  That brings out subtle feelings between the characters that I can pull into other interactions.
     I wrote 11k words yesterday, getting the last of them in at 11:55 last night.  The goal for today is the same, 10 - 12k, I just hope it's not at the last minute that I get those words done.  Going to bed at a decent hour is what I should be doing.
    But the wurds.  The wurds.  Wurds.
    I need to go to work.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment