Thursday, November 3, 2016

November 3, 2016

  Wednesday was busy yesterday like Wednesdays always are.  Still, I managed to get a little over 3000 words rewritten.  Considering the chaos that the middle of the week always brings, I think that's pretty good.
  However, that puts me behind on my word count goal for the week.  So when I just consider the weekly goal of 37,500 words (by midnight Monday, Nov 7th), I need to get 5358 words written per day.  However, when I look at the whole month and consider that I want to take Thanksgiving day and Sundays off, and I have one Saturday where the whole day is taken, I only have 25 days to write.  My overall goal for the month is 150,000 words so my daily goal should be 6000.  I think somewhere in my estimate, I figured Wednesdays would be a bugger, and my daily goal was jacked up to 7250.
  I also need to keep in mind that I'm an overachiever and I'm going to want to get through Part 3, which requires my overall word count to be up around 240,000.  Yeah... I'll have to meet my daily goals of 7250... everyday, including Wednesdays and Sundays.  That won't even get it.
  Okay, forget that.  Let's get the 7250 per day.  With that in mind, I have a buffer from Tuesday of 949 words.  In order to catch up, I need to get a total of around 10400 words.  Whew.  Okay.  I can do that, right?
  I made it through Chapter 3 yesterday.  At the 10,000 words, I think I need to get through Chapter 6 today, maybe even 7.
  That's where my sights are set.  All I can do is try my hardest.
  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment