Wednesday, October 19, 2016

October 19, 2016

  Everything's approved for the eBook and the paperback.
  It's like I'm on an airplane, all buckled in.  The attendants have done their wavy-arm motions and we've taxied out to the runway, waiting for our turn to take off.
  And then you're thrust back into your seat as the pilot punches it.  WOOT!
  That's tomorrow, baby.  Tomorrow.
  The hardcover is still in 'construction'.  I've had to make some adjustments to the size of the manuscript, which is not a big deal.  It took about twenty minutes to do and then verify the chapters all ended how I wanted them to on the pages.  I have to readjust the size of the cover.  It won't be too big a deal, I've gotten that down to a science.  It just takes time.  The frustrating thing about that is there was no where on the website to get dimensions for the cover.  NOWHERE.  I had to call in.  Even then, the guy I talked to on the phone had to talk to a designer to get the numbers.  Grrr.  Just give me the formula, I can do that math.
  I have the numbers now.  Today, I'll play with that and get it just right.  Then, I need to get an ISBN for the hardcover, upload the files and then it's all up to Bookbaby.

  Tomorrow.

  Tomorrow the paperback and eBook versions will be available.

  I've been working on this for 18 months.  Isn't that crazy?  Other than my marriage, I haven't done anything for this long.
  That's a fib, too, but sometimes it feels that way.
  I'll check in with you tomorrow!!  EEEEEE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment