Monday, October 31, 2016

October 31, 2016

  The fifth draft of part 2 will be done today!
  I can't believe I didn't post on Friday and Saturday.  Both days slipped away from me.  I've been busy, preparing for NaNo.  It starts tomorrow!  I am so ready for some creative abandon.  Whooo... shivers.
  So, this morning I got up and stayed up.  I started working on the final chapters of Part 2 right away.  I've already gotten 2600 words written, composing one chapter.  Last night, before I finally drifted off to sleep, I realized I need to pull one more chapter from Part 3 and put it in towards the end of Part 2.  It needs to happen before what occurs at the ending of Part 2.  Yeah.
  That leaves me with two more chapters.  It feels good to have this draft over with.  On draft four, I realized there needed to be a major shift of an event.  I didn't get all the way through the fourth draft before I started over.  It didn't make sense to do the extra work when this move could transform so much.  So, I haven't seen these chapters since the third draft.
  It also means I'll need to do one more draft before getting it out to my alphas.  There's been too many changes and I need to make sure it all flows and makes sense.  That's what' I'm planning to do with the first half of November, punch that out.  I had hoped to get Part 2 to the alphas by today--in my original plans--but that hasn't happened.  Oh well, a good book is more important than self-imposed deadlines.  I don't think this two week timing change is going to shift the end deadline at all.
  I'm still slated to publish Part 2 by summertime 2017.  I don't think I'll need that much time.  However, I needed two and a half more months for Part 1 than I first thought so I built in extra time in case I need it.
  So, I'm going to get back to work.  I hope your Halloween is good.
  I'll check in tomorrow, from my loft and NaNo goodness!

2 comments:

  1. NaNoWriMo, or NaNo for short. National Novel Writer's Month. Challenge to do a 50,000 word rough draft in the 30 days of November. :)

    ReplyDelete