Thursday, October 6, 2016

October 6, 2016

  So yesterday was productive, but not as much as the previous two days.  A couple phone calls and me digging through my hard drive to find four missing chapters ate up a lot of time.  No fears, it's all good.
  I got the three chapters read looking for corrections.  I have five left, three today and two tomorrow, which will put me finishing right on time.
  10 chapters got corrected yesterday and I should be able to catch up today, leaving the last five for tomorrow.  That task will also be completed.
  I only got two chapters written/rewritten (one of each) yesterday for a total of just over 2000 words.  That's not bad.  I estimate I have fourteen chapters left to finish this rewrite of part 2, which is two per day.  I accomplished that yesterday.  But since I wanted to get into part three, I had been wanting to do three a day as a minimum.  If I look at it that way, I'm thirteen behind.  :/  That's an average of four a day from here on out.  :/  We'll have to see.
  So today, ten more chapters of corrections, three more for reading and at least three chapters of rewrite.  There is a flag football game today, but that's a good break.  I also still need to walk the dog, which isn't too painful.  I think it can happen.
  The thing is, I think I have to let go of this idea of a 'work schedule'.  Or at least the idea of a normal one.  Today and yesterday, I went back to bed after getting the kids going and slept until nine-ish.  I felt good all day yesterday, never once stopping to take a catnap (I do that usually twice a day).  My goal has been to have all of these 'beginning of the day' chores done (walk the dog, shower, make-up, etc.) done by eight-thirty so I can start 'work'.  If I do an 'eight hour workday' with a lunch, I should be done at five, right?  Well, my goals don't always fit into that schedule and Facebook sucks quite a few hours.  I'm ALWAYS working right up until bedtime.  If I'm looser with that timeline, I guess I don't feel as guilty?  I don't know.  It's been a bugger trying to get all this worked out.
  Well, I'll touch base again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment