Saturday, October 22, 2016

October 22, 2016

  Hello.
  I didn't post yesterday.  I took a second day off.  I don't think I've taken two days off from writing since the beginning of July.  It's been really good.
  The result of the two days off is that I have been thinking about part 2 this morning.  Part 1 is out of my hands now, there's nothing more to do with it except marketing it.  Creatively, I'm done with it.  It's time to move on.
  It's really weird to think about.  I've been working with this story now for 18 months.  I've just sent it out into the world to fend for itself (kinda).  Anyway, I have mixed feelings.  Before I released it, I still had a security buffer.  I was protected from the world and their opinions of what I wrote.  I was also still in control of changing anything I wanted to.  Now, I can't.  Everything that's happened in part 1 is set in stone now.  Everything from here forward hinges on that fact.
  I read a blog today about the Dark Moments of a story's character.  That's got the wheels of my mind reeling now.  What's Dan's dark moment?  He has one in part 2 and in part 3.  What's Daniel's?  He had one in part 1, a big one.  He'll have one in part 2 and a couple in part 3.  Brise?  He definitely had one in part 1 but a doozy's coming around the bend.  Mya has one in part 2 and another one later on, but I'm not quite sure where it sits in the timeline yet.  It's part of the storyline that hasn't been drafted.  Rita has her DM in part 2 but she doesn't see it that way, and I think she's creating some for others.  She has more DM for herself coming and she won't expect it.  Norton has a DM in part 1, but he doesn't quite see it that way either.  Is there more in store for him?
  See?  My mind is moving forward now.  NaNo starts in 9 days.  I'm rubbing my hands together, getting them warmed up.  It's gonna be fun!
  I did get the copyright registration for part 1 completed today.  That was a major hurdle to accomplish.
  I'll check in with you on Monday!  Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment