Tuesday, October 25, 2016

October 25, 2016

 Good morning.  I'm starting early today. 
  I realized last night that I've been avoiding this chapter that I'm stuck on in the rewrite of part 2.  During the afternoon, I discovered I haven't written anything in two weeks.  I know I've been busy with other stuff, but the writing/rewriting is what gets me excited.  I've written beyond this chapter by about four, but I feel like I can't go too much further without filling the holes.  So, that means I need to go back and do it.
  I've known that for two weeks and yet here I am, not writing the chapter.  While, I've been finding good things to be doing (most of the time, FB prowling has increased significantly), reading, taking care of the technical parts of publishing part 1, spending time here, I'm still not writing.  That means something about it isn't right about this chapter, but I'm not sure what that is.
  As I began reading part 2 to make corrections a couple weeks ago, I came across a related chapter early in part 2.  It's an information dump, necessary, but I think I've allowed it to become burdensome.  I decided during the reading that I needed to completely rewrite the chapter.  Therefore, I need to get this early chapter done before I can get the later one taken care of.
  Or is that me just prolonging working on the chapter?
  Could be.
  Here's the deal, though.  I promised myself this morning, I would get that chapter written before I allow myself to do anything else.  The dog needs walked before it gets too late, and I'll need to take a shower afterwards because I have more parent-teacher conferences this afternoon.  So, I have to have the dog walked before lunch.
  That means I need to get going.
  I'll check in with you tomorrow!  Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment