Wednesday, October 26, 2016

October 26, 2016

  So, I did get two chapters (re)written yesterday for a total of around 5300 words.  Some of that word count is warm-up and me 'interviewing' my characters.  That's a technique I use when I'm staring at a blank page and don't know where to go.  It works really well.
  I spent most of the day avoiding these two chapters.  I have a suspicion that I know too much in my head and I know (at least I think I do... it's possible it could change) what's going to happen to these two and I don't like it.  I had a long discussion with myself (yes... sometimes it has to happen), telling myself that I needed to be true to my story and write these chapters.  It took all day, but I finally got it done.  I feel better now that it is and the whole process produced another chapter that now needs to happen.  It's all good.
  It's busy Wednesday today so I don't know how much I'm going to get done.  I'd like to get two more chapters done today, but with my performance yesterday, I don't if that's going to happen.
  I got the rest of my shipment of my book order in the mail today.  Next week, I'm going to go talk to the local Barnes and Noble to see if they'll put them out.  Maybe there'll be a book-signing too.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment