Wednesday, September 14, 2016

September 14, 2016

  Hello again.
  I'm a little bummed.  I submitted everything to CreateSpace on Monday.  The cover came back on Tuesday a little blurry.  So, I uploaded the cover again with a higher resolution scan of the cover art to be certain it wouldn't be blurry.  It was going to set me back twenty-four hours, since the wonderful people at CreateSpace had to review things again.
  Fast forward to last night and I'm working on reformatting the manuscript for Smashwords, an internet company that distributes your ebook to several different ebook platforms.  What did I find?  I found an '8' stuck in the middle of a word halfway through the book.
  GAHH!
  It missed the spelling checker.  Or did it?  I made a back-up so there's an ebook version of the manuscript and a paperback version.  Was that mistake just in the ebook one?
  Nope.  It was in all (back-up of just the chapter as well).  This error has been there a while.
  Crap.
  So, today, I uploaded a corrected version to CreateSpace.  And apparently, my cover was the wrong size so whomever looked at it yesterday, sized it down (.283").  Well, they sized it down on one side only and my cover is based of a centered style.  Totally my fault, not theirs.  So, I fixed the size of my cover so they wouldn't have to trim it down, got it centered, moved the white box for the ISBN and barcode and uploaded it again.
  Aggravating, yes?
  Yes.
  However, I find this to be very revealing.  I need to slow it down a little, I think.  Books last forever.  And while they're not carved in stone anymore, they do tend to outlast us.  So, tomorrow, I'm ordering a proof-copy of my book and I'll wait for it to come in the mail.  I need to get this as right as I can.
  I'm thinking publishing will be in the middle of October now.
  I'm okay with that.
  I am sorry if that creates a problem for my readers.  I hope you'll understand.
  By the way, reformatting a manuscript takes a long time.  I didn't get much rewriting done.  However, since it's going to take another four weeks to get part 1 published, that pushes off the publishing of part 2.  Six months apart so....

Construct 11 Copyright registration pending

No comments:

Post a Comment