Thursday, September 29, 2016

September 29, 2016

  So Wednesday has turned into this day where everything else happens, except writing.
  That's fine, other things need to happen (at least that's what I'm told) and having most of them happen in one day makes things better the rest of the week.  However, it turns Wednesday into a black hole.
  Yesterday, I got up at five and painted my daughter's face.  It was favorite band day at school and a group of her friends decided to go as Kiss.  I asked her what her favorite Kiss song was.  She had to google it.  I'm thinking they just wanted to do it because of the make-up....
  I took the dog for a walk, took a nap (because I don't do five a.m.) and then went to my volunteer job.  One son had a flag football game and another had a cross country meet.  All four had church activities last night.  My daughter had 40's day at school today so we stayed up last night and put curlers in her hair and painted her nails.  It was a fun day.
  But nothing for the book got done.  And that's just the way it is.
  The day before, I got 3500 words rewritten.  Here's the thing, I had hopes of getting through all of the Part 2 rewrite during September and into Part 3.  I still have fifteen more chapters to rewrite and that's not going to happen in a day and a half, even if I bought a whole bunch of Ramen for the kids and locked myself in my bedroom.  Anyway, if there weren't other book-related things that I was taking care of, I might have been able to do that.  I'm having trouble deciding if it's alright or not.  I have goals, by Jove.  I can't be meeting those bigger goals if I don't meet the smaller ones.
  What?  You mean I can't hole-up and be JUST a writer?  I have to be mother too?  Jeez.  Wait!  I have to be wife as well!  Holy COW!
  Bah humbug.
  Today, I'm not sure if I'm going to get to rewriting.  I have corrections to do for Part 1 and more chapters to read to add to those corrections. (I'm going to say again that I'm really thankful I got that proof book.  There were more errors in there than I realized.)
  I'm frustrated this is taking so long.  I realize the worth of being this careful, I just... grrr.  I'll be back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment