Monday, September 5, 2016

September 5, 2016

The re-write is going well.  I haven't made it to the changed section yet.  It will be a while before I get there.  I have to move some other things first, things I wanted to have happen to this character before the moved event happens.  That requires shifting some stuff for the other characters, too.

When I decided to make this move, I was about 2/3 of the way through the fourth draft of part two.  Since it's such a major move, I decided it wasn't worth my time to do the remainder.  So, I started over.  Wow, I had a lot of typos.  Hopefully I'm not creating too many more. :)  I guess we'll see.

I've gotten quite a bit done over the weekend.  I've averaged 6354 words per day for a total of 19,064 by lights out last night.  I would like to keep this pace up.  Parts 1, 2 and 3 are all like a huge bolt of fabric and are better served by re-writing all of it at one time.  However, that makes splitting up the book into manageable chunks more difficult.  At the same time, I don't want to make my debut book War and Peace size.  :)  Anyway, if I can manage to keep up this pace, I should be able to re-write both parts this month.

The proofreading of part 1 is almost done and I'll be picking it up tomorrow.  If there's not too much to change or fix, I'm hoping I can get it uploaded to CreateSpace by Monday at the latest.  I'll keep you posted!

Construct 11 Copyright registration pending.

No comments:

Post a Comment