Saturday, September 3, 2016

September 3, 2016

Okay.  Yesterday, I was concerned about moving a certain event to a different place in part 2 of the book.  I spent a couple hours playing with my timeline in Excel and moved it.  I like the way it looks mapped out on the spreadsheet.  It's tighter now and I can see how this is going to benefit other things that need to happen farther out in the timeline of the series.

Now, to re-write it so it flow together.  I can't just take a chapter and cut and paste into place.  I have to change interactions.  The knowledge of this particular character has changed along with the ones they influence.  It also affects things that I want to have happen with this character before this event and everything afterwards.  I'm moving it forward about 1/3 of the way through the book, so it is a major move.

But I think it's going to be good.  I started on the re-write yesterday and pushing forward again today.  This is going to take all month.  I think it will make it a better book.

Talk to you later!

Construct 11 Copyright registration pending.

No comments:

Post a Comment