Tuesday, September 20, 2016

September 20, 2016

  Good Tuesday to you.  Thanks for stopping by.
  Okay, here's the update on yesterday.  I finished the night with 5,080 words.  It wasn't as big as Friday and Saturday, but it was still a good day.
  I struggled a little bit yesterday.  I was writing a kissing scene but my husband was in the room.  I was self-conscious the whole time.  And because I was going back and adding this chapter by quite a few, I felt like I needed to write it first, so I had the right frame-of-mind for those characters in the chapter I that I would be working on next.  Therefore, I lagged for about an hour until my husband went to work.  Then I spent the next hour re-writing what I worked on while he was there because I hadn't pulled myself into the scene and therefore wouldn't have pulled my readers in.  Sigh, the difficulties of writing (I say that with a smile.)  
  Honestly, I really do write my best when I'm alone.  I haven't figured out why yet, but I've found it to be true and I have to work around it.
  I'm fired up about working today.  I went to the NaNoWriMo website because I got a newsletter in my email and couldn't open it.  I knew it would be there in my mailbox.  Sure enough, it was.  They're reaching out, trying to get their authors psyched about the upcoming competition in November.  (If you want to join, now's the time!  Actually, you can join anytime up until Nov. 10th, but the earlier the better.  Just go back and click on the link and they'll help you out!)
  Anyway, I was able to go back and add stuff about the novel I worked on last year, Construct 11 Part 1!!   I loaded up a cover, put up the synopsis, stuck in an excerpt and updated my author's bio.  Now, I'm all stoked.
  I'm working on another permanent page to go along with the "About Construct 11" page.  I'm envisioning this page to be about the building itself.  I have some sketches of technical drawings I made last year in a book that I carry around with me EVERYWHERE (except church... it stays home then).  I scanned them into the computer yesterday and then realized I needed a better drawing.  So, I'm working on that a little today.  I hope to have that page up and running by Saturday.  Eeek.  Better get working.
  Thanks for coming.  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment