Friday, September 2, 2016

September 2, 2016

  Part one has been out to betas since the beginning of August.  Last week I compiled the comments and went over them with my editor.  Now, it's at the proofreader.
  To keep myself occupied, I've been working on the fourth draft of part two.  I've been struggling to work on it.  I have to make myself do it.  There are parts where I'm fine, but there are parts where I struggle.
  I have learned with part one that when I feel that way about a chapter, I need to either get rid of the chapter all together or I need to look at it from a different point of view.  Sometimes, I throw out what I have and start over.
  I'm going to shuffle things around.  Right now, I feel like that will help, but you just never know.  Shifting chapters around isn't just a cut and paste job, either.  You have to change reactions of different characters in subsequent chapters and sometimes, some chapters completely go away.  It quite an undertaking.  Fortunately, I save every draft I've written so I can go back to a previous one if the change doesn't work.
  All I can to do is change it and see if it works, I guess.
  Well, enough bellyaching, time to dive in!

Construct 11 Copyright registration pending

No comments:

Post a Comment