Friday, September 9, 2016

September 9, 2016

  Everything I have to do for part one seem to be taking a really long time to get together.
  I'm only halfway done with the corrections.  They're not huge, but I have three different copies (back up of the whole manuscript and individual chapters).  I cut and paste the new version in, but switching between the three takes extra time.  In addition, I'm checking the formatting as I go, making sure everything is just perfect.  That makes it take even longer.
  Yesterday, I planned on getting my copyright and acknowledgement pages done.  It took a few hours to do the copyright page.  Most of that time was spent researching and making sure I had what I needed.  Then I spent some time searching for a quote at the beginning of my book, only to change my mind as I went to bed (I don't want to sway my readers before they read the first part).  Then I spent a little time looking up what I needed to get into my acknowledgements and read three or four from other books by different authors.
  Then it was time for supper.
  I got about 2600 words re-written yesterday.  That frustrates me, too.  Why can't I do everything I want to do in the mere twenty-four hours of a day???
  Uhg.  So, today, I've been working on the formatting and corrections.  I got some other things done that I needed to, silly things like going to the grocery store or walking the dog.  Needy people/animals--yeesh.  My son has a cross-country meet that I'm just about to leave for and then there's a church bb-q this evening.  I hope they don't mind me furiously working while I'm there, because that's what's going to happen.
  Don't even talk to me about what I have to get done tomorrow (that's not book-related).  Maybe I'll just stay up all night.
  Yeah, like that's a good idea.
  Rant over.  Back to reality.
  See you tomorrow.

Construct 11 Copyright registration pending

No comments:

Post a Comment